Cultivating Happiness: Beginning a Personal Practice
Positive Psychology Houston is a psychologist-owned organization that uses research findings from the field of Positive Psychology to help Houstonians learn to cultivate inner peace, perspective and happiness.
Cultivating Happiness is a six-week group focused on teaching the skills that happy
people employ. Program content, grounded in recently published research, includes the
- What is happiness?
- What are the myths about happiness?
- Banishing self-focused negativity and social comparison
- Practicing acts of kindness
- Savoring life’s joys
- Self-care and creating a personal plan for lasting happiness
Groups meet weekly for 1.5 hours for six weeks. In each session, group members learn about the behaviors, attitudes and skills that characterize happy people. Further, they participate in exercises for clarifying and developing personal roadmaps for cultivating happiness. Between-session assignments are provided to help group members integrate what they are learning into daily life. Groups are led by a licensed psychologist: Suzanne Mouton-Odum, Ph.D. and the cost is $400.00 for the 6 week group.
Interested? Contact Suzanne Mouton-Odum to find a group for you: email@example.com
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America- www.ADAA.org
- International Obsessive Compulsive Foundation- www.OCFoundation.org
- Trichotillomania Learning Center- www.trich.org
- PsycTech: Technology for Psychology- www.psyctech.com
- iphone app- PullFree
- A Parent Guide to Hair Pulling Disorder: Effective Parenting Strategies for Children with Trichotillomania, Suzanne Mouton-Odum, Ph.D. and Ruth Golomb, LCCS
- Out of the Rabbit Hole: A Road Map to Freedom from OCD, Sheri Bloom and Suzanne Mouton-Odum, Ph.D
- The Imp of the Mind, Lee Baer
- The Hair Pulling Habit and You: How to Solve the Trichotillomania Puzzle, Ruth Golomb and Sherrie Vavrichek
- The How of Happiness, Sonya Lubomirsky
- Happier, Tal Ben Shahar